Contracting Business.com magazine started the Quality Home Comfort Award program 27 years ago.
COMFORT, QUALITY, and SUSTAINABILITY are our key requirements (This includes energy savings and indoor air quality as important parts of the overall consideration).
UNIQUE IDEAS and PROBLEM SOLVING techniques are equally important. And start-up/commissioning procedures are key to the successful entry.
NOTE: The home may not be the residence of the HVAC contractor or the builder.
DEADLINE IS JUNE 2, 2017
- GOOD QUALITY PHOTOS, IN FOCUS AND TAKEN WITH A GOOD CAMERA ARE REQUIRED.
- DO NOT SUBMIT PHOTOS TAKEN WITH A PHONE. THEY CAN'T BE USED IN PRINT.
- PHOTOS MUST SHOW KEY COMPONENTS, AND REPRESENTATIVE HOME EXTERIORS AND INTERIORS.
- HOMEOWNERS MUST AGREE TO BE INTERVIEWED AND HAVE THEIR HOME APPEAR IN THE MAGAZINE AND ON OUR WEBSITE.
- Projects must be implemented on single-family homes.
- WE DON'T NEED a great amount of information. Just describe the home's comfort situation before and after. What were the main problems you solved (indoor air quality, hot or cold spots, moisture/mold, etc.). Or it could have been a normal replacement with improved efficiency.
- Products used must be listed.
- Projects must be ONE-YEAR OLD OR LESS. Homes must be occupied.
- Projects must be submitted by HVAC contractors, not manufacturers or PR agencies.
- The HVAC contractor must be an established contractor with good credentials.
- Square footage of the home is irrelevant. Any excellent project can win.
- You may enter as many different homes as you like.
Entries for 2017 are now being accepted. Deadline for entries is
June 2, 2017.