2016 AHR Expo Innovation AwardsJan 4, 2016
International Exposition Company has announced the winners of the 2016
Air-Conditioning, Heating, Refrigerating Exposition (AHR Expo) Innovation Awards.
The annual awards competition reveals what the judges found to be the year's most inventive and original products, systems and technologies showcased at the annual AHR Expo in the categories of: building automation; cooling; green building; heating; indoor air quality; plumbing; refrigeration; software; tools & instruments; and ventilation.
Winners were selected by a panel of third-party ASHRAE member judges who evaluated all award entries based on innovative design, creativity, application, value and market impact.
As they do each year, the editorial teams from ContractingBusiness.com, CONTRACTOR, and HPAC Engineering will be covering the AHR EXPO show, providing daily updates from the Orange County Convention Center, Jan. 25-27.
CLICK THROUGH THE GALLERY ABOVE TO VIEW THE BIG WINNERS
The following 33 companies have been recognized with honorable mentions in each of the 10 award entry categories:
- Continental Control Systems, LLC (WattNode Meter Module)
- Danfoss (Danfoss NovoCon S Digital Actuator)
- Honeywell International Inc. (RedLINK Equipment Remote Module (ERM))
- KMC Controls, Inc. (KMC Commander Controller and Cloud Service)
- Baltimore Aircoil Company (Series 3000 Cooling Tower with the ENDURADRIVE Fan System)
- Danfoss Refrigeration & Air-Conditioning (Danfoss DSH Scroll Compressors with Intermediate Discharge Valves)
- Emerson Climate Technologies (Copeland Scroll UltraTech compressor)
- Baltimore Aircoil Company (PFi Closed Circuit Cooling Tower)
- Metraflex Co. (LPD Y-Strainer)
- Nortec (DL Series Humidifier – Hybrid Adiabatic System)
- Danfoss (Danfoss AB-QM Pressure Independent Control Valve (PICV) 3rd Generation)
- GeoStar (Sycamore variable capacity geothermal heat pump)
- Lochinvar, LLC (CREST Condensing Boiler)
- Mitsubishi Electric US, Inc. Cooling & Heating (Hyper-Heating INVERTER (H2i®) MSZ-FH06 Single-zone Heat Pump System)
Indoor Air Quality
- Distech Controls, Inc. (Allure EC-Smart-Comfort Room Sensor)
- Nortec (GS Series Gas-Fired Humidifier)
- Purealizer Industries, LLC (Purealizer, Airborne Disinfection Fixture)
- Des Champs Technologies (N-Series Waterless Trap)
- LG Electronics USA, Inc. (LG Hydro Kit (High Temp) - ARNH763K3B2 waste heat recovery system)
- Rheem Manufacturing Company (The Rheem Prestige Series Hybrid Heat Pump Water Heater)
- Baltimore Aircoil Company (Transcritical CO2 TrilliumSeries Condenser)
- Embraco North America, Inc. (EM3 Series Compressors)
- Honeywell International Inc. (Solstice N40 refrigerant)
- DCNE – Cool Calc Manual J
- KMC Controls, Inc. (KMC Connect Lite Software)
- Parker Hannifin - Sporlan Division (Sporlan Refrigeration Troubleshooting App)
Tools & Instruments
- Automatic Airflow Balancing LLC (ABM-200 Wireless Anemometer)
- Axiom Industries Ltd. (Puropal H2O demineralizer)
- Bacharach, Inc. (Bacharach Reporting App for Combustion Analyzers)
- Eaton (B-Line Series 4Dimension™ Strut System)
- Danfoss Drives (Danfoss VLT DriveMotor FCM 106/FCP 106)
- Munters Corporation (DryCool ERV DOAS System)
- PRIHODA Fabric Duct (SquAireTex Fabric Diffuser Tiles)
For more information on the 2016 AHR Expo, visit www.ahrexpo.com.
About AHR Expo
The International Air-Conditioning, Heating, Refrigerating Exposition (AHR Expo) began more than 85 years ago as a heating and ventilation show. It has grown into one of the world’s largest HVACR events. The Exposition is held annually in key markets and major cities across the U.S., hosting close to 2,000 exhibitors and bringing in crowds of 60,000 industry professionals. The Show provides a unique forum for the HVACR community to come together and share new products, technologies, and ideas. The event is co-sponsored by ASHRAE and AHRI, and is held in conjunction with ASHRAE’s Winter Conference.