All major HVACR industry product categories are represented.
AHR Expo sources have announced its 2012 Innovation Award winners. The winning companies will be honored at a special ceremony during the AHR Expo, the world’s largest HVACR exposition and conference in Chicago on January 24th.
Follow Terry McIver @TerryMcIver
Representing a broad cross-section of the HVACR marketplace, the winning entries were selected in 10 categories and represent the most innovative new products among the thousands that will be displayed at the Show. A panel of judges made up of ASHRAE members evaluated the products submitted based on innovation, application, value to the user and market impact. Ranging from a wall-mounted solar air heater to a mobile toolbox for contractors, many well-known industry leaders will share the stage with companies new to the competition.
Emerson Climate Technologies took three of the top 10 awards.The winners of the 2012 AHR Expo Innovation Awards are:
Building Automation: Geofinity Manufacturing Inc., for the ORB Heat Pump Controller
Cooling: Emerson Climate Technologies, for the Copeland Scroll Variable Speed Compressor
Green Building: ClimaCool Corp., for the SHC onDEMAND™ Simultaneous Heating and Cooling Heat Pump System
Heating: Enerconcept Technologies Inc. , for the Lubi Wall Wall-mounted Solar Air Heater
Indoor Air Quality: E+E Elektronik Ges. m.b.H., for the EE245 Wireless Transmitter
Plumbing: Rheem Manufacturing, for the Rheem XR90 Extreme Recovery Gas Water Heater
Refrigeration: Emerson Climate Technologies, for the Copeland Scroll K5 Refrigeration Compressor
Software: Emerson Climate Technologies, for the HVACR Mobile Toolbox For Contractors
Tools & Instruments: Fluke Corporation, for the Fluke TiR1 Thermal Imager
Ventilation: Melink Corporation, for the Intelli-Hood Kitchen Ventilation Control.
One of the 10 category winners will be selected as the winner of the 2012 AHR Expo "Product of the Year" Award.
AHR Expo sources report there were a record number of companies entering the competition for 2012. The close to $12,000 generated by the entry fees will be donated to a charitable organization in the Chicago area.
Since the inception of the Innovation Award Competition in 2003, more than $100,000 has been donated to charitable organizations and educational institutions in the cities where the Expo was held.
In addition, 31 other products are recognized with Honorable Mentions in these same 10 categories.The honorable mention winners are:
- American Auto-Matrix, for the AspectFT Product Family Energy Management and BAS Solution
- ClimateMaster, Inc., for the Tranquility 22 Digital Series Geothermal Heat Pump
- Danfoss Turbocor Compressors, for the TT400 380V High-efficiency Compressor
- Enertech Global, LLC, for the GeoComfort Compass GXT Series Vertical Geothermal Heat Pump
- McQuay International, for the Daikin McQuay Rebel Commercial Rooftop Unit
- Seeley International (Americas), for the Breezair Icon Series evaporative air Conditioner.
- Columbus Industries, Inc., for the MICRO SHIELD Mini Pleat Filter Enertech Global, LLC, for the TETCO Geothermal ES4 Series TXT Vertical Heat Pump
- Lochinvar, LLC, for the Strato-Therm+ Solar Thermal Storage Tank
- Lochinvar, LLC, for theCREST Condensing Boiler
- Mestek, Inc., for theHeatNet Integrated Control Platform Condensing Hydronic Heating Boiler
- Uponor, for the Radiant Ready 30E Mechanical
Indoor Air Quality(IAQ):
- Building Automation Products, Inc., for the CO2 Sensor
- Panasonic Home & Environment Company, for the WhisperSense-Lite Ventilation Fan-light
- Sanuvox Technologies Inc., for the Sanuvox R+ In-Duct UV System
- CAN2GO (SCL Elements Inc.), for the CAN2GO DA2 Intelligent Wireless Valve Actuator
- Webstone Company, Inc., for the Hyrdo-Core Hydronic Manifold System
- Alfa Laval Inc., for the AXP Brazed Heat Exchanger
- Testo, Inc., for the Testo 570 Refrigeration System Analyzer
- Alerton, for the Alerton Building Suite 3 Automation/Energy Management Software
- Data-Basics, Inc., for the TechAnywhere Mobile Field Service Software
- J2 Innovations, for the FIN Builder Building Automation Software Service Automation, Inc., for theSAWIN MOBILE Wireless Service Software
- Appion Inc., for the Tez Speed System HVAC System Evacuator
- Fieldpiece Instruments, Inc., for the LT17AW Digital Multimeter
- Goodway Technologies Corp., for the RAM Pro Tube Cleaner
- American Louver Company, for the EP Diffuser
- DuctSox Corporation, for the SkeleCore In-duct Cylindrical Tensioning Device
- Ruskin Company, for the HPG3845 FEMA Grille
The Innovation Awards are jointly sponsored by the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE); the Air-Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI); and the International Exposition Company (IEC), producers and organizers of the AHR Expo.