Crockett Facilities Services, Inc. (CFSI) , a leading provider of building operations and maintenance, mechanical contracting and HVAC services to government and commercial clients, announces that it has been awarded the Mechanical Service Contractors of America (MSCA) GreenSTAR designation.
This exclusive designation, given to less than one percent of HVACR contractors, recognizes contractors which have clearly demonstrated environmental responsibility and a commitment to energy-saving practices. MSCA is the nation’s leading trade association for air conditioning, heating and refrigeration contractors with over 1,400 members across the U.S. and Canada.
As an MSCA GreenSTAR, Crockett Facilities Services has the skills and expertise necessary to deliver energy-efficient, cost-effective indoor environmental solutions to commercial building owners and property managers. With energy costs representing the largest single operating expense for buildings, accounting for more than 35 percent of all controllable operating costs, implementing green technologies and preventive maintenance make a significant difference. Heating and cooling equipment runs more efficiently, operating costs are reduced, and tenant comfort is maximized.
To qualify for the MSCA GreenSTAR, CFSI had to meet the following criteria:
- Qualify as an MSCA STAR contractor Employ at least one LEED Accredited Professional
- Be a member of the U.S. Green Building Council Minimum of 25 percent of total employees complete green training or education programs
- Offer sustainable services and recommend green procedures and equipment
- Obtain LEED certification, of any type, for a building, or develop an internal “green policy”
- Participate as part of a project team with a LEED EB or LEED NC registered project within the past three years.
FOLLOW CONTRACTING BUSINESS.COM ON TWITTER @CONTRACTINGBIZ