Bonetta Day is president of Dayco Heating and Air Conditioning in Kennewick, WA. Dayco is a $5 million residential new construction, retrofit, and service company serving Eastern Washington. In 2003, Bonetta was chosen as Contracting Business' Woman of the Year. Here is a list of the tools used in her company's trucks, office, and shop.
IN THE TRUCKS
- Number and type of trucks/vans: 5 GMC pick-up trucks, 5 GMC cargo service vans, 2 Ford cargo vans (older), 1 Isuzu box van (diesel), 5 cargo trailers.
- Inventory on trucks/vans: We adjust our truck inventory, depending on the season. Overall, our trucks are stocked with Trane service parts, such as circuit boards, fan motors, capacitors, reversing valve coils, and defrost boards. We also carry Universal parts and fan motors, R-410A and R-22 refrigerants, and EZ-traps.
- Preferred test instruments technicians carry: Fluke meters, UEI DL 250 multimeters, Robinair/Yellow Jacket gauge sets,, JB vacuum pumps, and Ritchie reclaimers.
- Preferred brand of ladders: Green Bull and Werner Fiberglass.
- Preferred field communications method: GPS@ Roads, Nextel.
- Preferred wireless field service software: Still shopping.
IN THE OFFICE
- Preferred business management software: Enterprise QB, OnePlus Technologies, Profit Maxx.
- Preferred load calculation software: Elite.
- Preferred sales management software: Profit Maxx, Excel.
- Preferred computer/ printer equipment: Hewlett Packard computers.
- Preferred photocopier equipment: Sharp digital printer/copier.
- Business connects to the Internet via: DSL line.
- Preferred Internet service provider: Amerion.
- Preferred business software package: Enterprise QB.
- Preferred uniform supplier: Cintas.
- Credit Cards Accepted: Visa, Mastercard.
IN THE SHOP
- Preferred HVAC heating equipment brands: Trane.
- Preferred HVAC cooling equipment brands: Trane.
- Preferred accessory brands: Trane, Honeywell's Envirocaire products.
- Amount of equipment inventoried: During the summer only: 40 systems, including heat pumps, air conditioning units, and accessories.
- Warehouse equipment used: Dayton pallet jacks and hand trucks.