The video features commentary from active HVACR and water heating professionals who provide testimonials to the many career and life opportunities provided by HVACR-related trades.
In May of this year, eight HVACR and water heating industry associations recently announced the formation of the HVACR Workforce Development Foundation. The Foundation is now working to raise awareness of the industry, attract new members to the workforce, and enhance the quality of the available workforce in the industry.
One of the fruits of the Foundation's labor recently was realized in a new video, "Careers in the HVACR and Water Heating Industry."
The video features commentary from active HVACR and water heating professionals who provide testimonials to the many career and life opportunities provided by HVACR-related trades:
- "This is one of the most important industries the world has."
- "One of the few jobs you can take anywhere with you."
- "There will always be a need for someone to install and service this type of equipment."
- "There are also opportunities in design, applications, sales, marketing; all the things you normally would go to a university to learn."
- "Technology is changing. Huge leaps in technology that many people already have the skills for."
The video includes a link to the AHRI Rees Scholarship Foundation.
Watch the video at the Contracting Business.com Mechanical Systems TV Network, HERE
HVACR Workforce Development Foundation member associations include:
ACCA: Air Conditioning Contractors of America
AHRI: Air-Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute
AMCA: Air Movement and Control Association
ASHRAE: American Society of Heating, Refrigeration, and Air-conditioning Engineers
HARDI: Heating, Air-conditioning & Refrigeration Distributors International
HRAI: Heating, Refrigeration, and Air Conditioning Institute of Canada
PHCC: Plumbing, Heating, Cooling Contractors Association
RSES: Refrigeration Service Engineers Society.