Appreciated by manufacturers, distributors, contractors, technicians, educators, utilities and consumers.
North American Technician Excellence (NATE) is celebrating its 15th anniversary in 2012 by offering 15% off of all NATE merchandise for the remainder of the year.
Founded in 1997, NATE is the nation’s largest industry-endorsed, non-profit certification organization for HVACR technicians. NATE was created by the HVA/R industry and has thrived over the past 15 years as a result of ongoing support from all areas of the industry.
NATE sources report that NATE is supported by each HVACR industry segment, for a variety of reasons:
• Manufacturers and distributors support NATE certification because it encourages proper installation and service of equipment by knowledgeable technicians.
• Contractors support NATE because certified technicians have the knowledge to do the job right the first time and certification offers a valuable point-of-differentiation to customers.
• Technicians support NATE because certification allows them to showcase their skills and expertise to their employers and customers.
• Educators and trainers support NATE certification because they benefit from a uniform standard of knowledge that allows them to better prepare the technician workforce of tomorrow.
• Utilities support NATE certification because properly trained and tested technicians can assure the correct installation and servicing of sophisticated HVACR equipment that saves energy and money when operating at peak efficiency.
• Consumers support NATE certification because third-party accreditation assures them that a knowledgeable, well-trained and highly experienced technician will install and service their home heating or cooling system.
As an ever-increasing number of industry professionals recognize the value of NATE certification, the number of certified technicians is reaching new heights. Today, nearly 30,000 technicians hold an active NATE certification, with 20%of these technicians holding multiple certifications.
NATE achieved a milestone in its development in December, 2011 — being accredited by the American National
Standards Institute (ANSI).
“Over the past 15 years, NATE has been committed to elevating the industry by certifying technician excellence,” states Don Frendberg, Chairman of the NATE Board of Trustees. “NATE is the only certification organization developed and supported by the entire HVACR industry, and our ongoing efforts will ensure continual quality service and installation.”
An integral part of elevating the industry by certifying technician excellence, NATE achieved a milestone in its development in December, 2011 — being accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI). Based on the 17024 requirements and a review of all NATE practices and processes, NATE implemented a wide range of updates and enhancements to strengthen its processes and ensure that the integrity of NATE certification is upheld at all levels.
On December 13, 2011, the ANSI Personnel Certification Accreditation Committee (PCAC) reviewed NATE’s assessment report and granted NATE ANSI/ISO/IEC 17024 accreditation as a qualified Certification Body.
To purchase discounted NATE merchandise in honor of the 15th anniversary, visit the NATE Store. NATE is offering 15% off all items, including apparel, hats, chevrons, patches, decals, and accessories through December 31, 2012, with promo code “15ANN.” For more information about NATE, visit this link.