HVACR Week is here. Our annual show — this year in Indianapolis, Sept.21-23 — is ready to roar at the Indiana Convention Center.
I'm writing here mostly for HVACR contractors living in the Indiana/Ohio/Illinois tri-state area, but of course, anyone can come to the show if you can make the trip.
And you should do your best to attend. Ideally, you should send a contingent from your company. The more information you can give to your employees the better! Business is getting tougher, and the smarter you work, the more you will grow.
This years show again features great business management sessions:
- Six Skills You Need to Profit During Changing Market Conditions, by Greg McAfee
- Performance Pricing and Pay Systems: What They Mean to Your Success, by Ben Stark
- The New Webforce, by Steve Coscia
- Solar Systems 101, by CB Residential Contractor of the Year Louis Hobaica, and Jim Hinshaw.
Service Management Sessions Include:
- De-stressing the Service Business, by Jeremy Lowe
- Become an Effective AND PROFITABLE Service Manager, by Tom Grandy
- Super Customer Service Reps: 20 Tips for Success, by 'Tec Daddy' Charlie Greer
- Grow Your Business by Adding New Service Offerings, by Robert Wilkos.
In the Sales & Marketing Arena, we offer:
- All You Can Eat Marketing Buffet, by Matt Michel
- Contractors as Publishers: Leveraging Social Media, by Joe Pulizzi
- Building Your Business With Internet Marketing, by Ben Hubbard
- Tips for Selling Geothermal Systems, by Erica Jones and Ryan Carda.
Technical Sessions Include:
- How to Avoid land Mines During Hybrid System Installations, by Robert Bean
- Troubleshooting Refrigeration Circuits in Heat Pumps, by Chuck Morales.
Special Innovations and Opportunities We Offer Are:
- New Innovations in Radiant Heating Systems, by Mark Hudoba, Uponor, Inc.
- The Rise of Search & Social Media, by Brigham Dickinson.
An Extra Special Event is GEO DAY, by ClimateMaster. This is a workshop on everything geothermal. It's an all-day workshop designed to educate on all aspects of geothermal technology.
The Commercial HVACR Symposium and Optimum Buildings Conference are included, for commercial contractors and engineers. Topics will be heavy on business management and energy efficiency.
From National Comfort Institute, there's Performance Town, USA, an on-the-show-floor presentation where participants can measure elements of live system performance, and gain advice from NCI experts.
Is HVACR Week a FUN event? Oh yeah. Our show includes a Wednesday Night Welcome Reception sponsored by Emerson Climate Technologies, and a Thursday Night Extravaganza on the field at Lucas Oil Stadium, sponsored by Carrier, Rheem/Ruud, and Nordyne. This is a guaranteed fun event, with free food and drink, and maybe a pick-up game thrown in!
Indy is a great location, and HVACR Week is a great show. Your business will be better when you apply any of these ideas. Walk-ins are welcome and expected. I hope to see you there!