HVAC companies go through many peaks and valleys, especially the common family-owned-and-operated businesses. You know what I’m talking about — the ones with the sometimes business-as-usual plague.
Better yet: do it in 60 minutes by answering the following questions:
1. What is the issue?
2. What will happen in your company if the issue is resolved?
3. What are your company’s values? (And what are they as it relates to the issue?)
4. What obstacles exist to resolving the issue?
Steps to success
• As it relates to the issue, consider your company’s strengths and opportunities.
• Choose at least four words that effortlessly describe your vision, and gather all employees for buy-in.
• Track, audit, and assess as you progress through the years.
Mike Moore is the HVAC Training Director at HVAC Learning Solutions, an HVAC industry expert in sales, technical, and business training. Visit Mike’s blog for more insights. Mike can be reached on Twitter @hvaclearning or on Google+ at gplus.to/hvactraining.