- DEADLINES FOR NOMINATIONS: April 15, 2017
ContractingBusiness.com is accepting nominations for the 2017 Commercial HVAC Contractor of the Year Award. This annual award is given to a commercial HVAC contractor who represents the best that the HVAC industry has to offer. Winning firm will receive a registration to Contractor Leadership LIVE and be profiled in a feature-length article in ContractingBusiness.com.
To be considered, a commercial contractor must:
- Be in business at least 10 years
- Have a formalized business plan which they are willing to share
- Have credible credit references
- Be active in at least one HVAC industry association
- Provide active training for employees -- technical, management, and customer service
- Employ certified refrigerant handling technicians
- Must be open to new ideas, technologies, and business practices
- Should have a philosophy around which the company is built
- Must have a marketing strategy and a marketing budget.
We look for candidates who embrace change and look for innovative ways to better understand and serve customers. Candidates should be companies that can shed positive light on the HVAC industry and on the contracting profession.
DEADLINES FOR NOMINATIONS: April 15, 2017
In addition, the winner must agree to the following:
1. Provide description of their market area as well as a corporate history.
2. Allow an editor to spend up to two days with them, interviewing key personnel, visiting a representative project, and representative customer, for use in a feature article that will appear in the June issue of ContractingBusiness.com.
3. To be a member of the ContractingBusiness.com advisory board for up to two years, which involves minimal contributions, either in the form of an article or by providing opinions on technologies and trends.
To nominate your company or a colleague, write a nomination letter and send it to Terry McIver -- firstname.lastname@example.org -- explaining why you or they deserve this award. Please provide the information outlined above. Any brochures or other material you can also send for substantiation would be greatly appreciated.
Call Terry McIver with any questions, at 216/931-9732.