The ContractingBusiness.com Design/Build Awards honor the finest examples of commercial Design/Build HVAC mechanical systems installations across the U.S.
In addition to recognizing Design/Build project excellence, we will also accept for consideration outstanding examples of the work performed under the Design/Bid and Design/Assist delivery methods.
DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES IS August 1, 2016.
The key element in any project category will be the HVAC contractor’s ability to take a leading role in providing the ultimate in HVAC comfort and system performance for the benefit of the customer. Those customers could be a school district, business office, government or municipal building, hospital, or hotel, to name a few.
There will be subcategories to ensure that projects are compared to projects of similar types (retrofit/new construction/cost/size).
Projects must be examples of the Design/Build, Design Bid, or Design/Assist delivery methods.
PROJECTS MUST BE WRITTEN AND SUBMITTED BY THE MECHANICAL CONTRACTOR, NOT BY A MANUFACTURER.
Photographs of good quality must be included. These should include before/after photos of mechanical rooms, rooftop installations, control stations, complex ductwork, and any other area of the building that was significantly altered by the mechanical contractor.
PLEASE DO NOT UPLOAD PHOTOS TAKEN WITH A PHONE OR POINT-AND-SHOOT. USE A 35MM CAMERA.
If the project is a winner, the facility managers/owners must consent to having the building featured in ContractingBusiness.com — including photos. Please clarify this with your customer, especially a government, law enforcement, or military customer.
- Contact information for contractor.
- Customer’s company name and location.
- Total installed cost of the job.
- A list of names and project responsibilities.
A list of products used (manufacturer, type of equipment, and model numbers).
- A 300-500 word summary of the project, including how your company won the project, how it was able to deliver the project on-time and on budget using the particular delivery method.
- PROJECTS MUST BE FROM 2014-2015.
Summaries should include information on:
- Design quality.
- Comfort features.
- Control systems innovations.
- Energy efficiency data.
- Whether Building Information Modeling (BIM) or Integrated Project Delivery (IPD) methods were employed, and their impact on the project fulfillment.
- IAQ improvements.
Whether project was awarded a LEED designation, or has been submitted for LEED consideration.
- Project adherence to ASHRAE standards.
- Environmental impact if any.
- Unique challenges, and how they were overcome.
- Thorough commissioning.
- High quality job photos. Digital photos 300 dpi minimum. We do not require blueprints.
DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES IS SEPTEMBER 21, 2015.
HERE'S THE ENTRY FORM. PLEASE INCLUDE HIGH RESOLUTION PHOTOS: