Ingersoll Rand, a world leader in creating and sustaining safe, comfortable and efficient environments, unveils its latest innovations from its Trane and Schlage brands during the 2012 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) this month.
The company relaunches its Schlage LiNKTM system and expands as NexiaTM Home Intelligence, a smart home automation system that leverages the advanced technologies of two powerhouse home industry leaders — Trane and Schlage — to make everything in your home speak one simple language. Nexia enables consumers to remotely manage features and functions of their home, including door locks, heating and cooling, video surveillance, lights, shades and energy usage via any Web-enabled computer and most smart phones. Nexia, which is also a 2012 International Consumer Electronics Show Design and Engineering honoree, is showcased in booth 20842 in the South Hall.
“Nexia Home Intelligence is entirely rooted in thereal-world needs of everyday households,” says John Evans, President Residential Security at Ingersoll Rand. “With its advanced technologies, Nexia makes a home truly responsive to homeowners’ growing desire for safety, comfort and efficiency while supporting today’s mobile lifestyles.”
Nexia Delivers on Homeowners’ Demands and More with New Interface Features
As smart home technology has advanced, so has Nexia HomeIntelligence, which currently provides customized capabilities across a variety of price points. Not only can homeowners kick on the heat with a Trane ComfortLinkTM II Control, unlock the front door with Schlage locks, and switch on lights while away from home — they can also receive a text alert when their kids arrive home from school safely, the pet sitter comes and goes or a contractor arrives and then departs after completing a job.
New features currently available to subscribers include:
- Newly released video storage capability allows homeowners to record live video in their home, trigger recording based on specified parameters and works with their existing Schlage camera. No additional hardware is needed and this feature is included with an existing subscription.
- Sensor schedulingfor windows and doors can be activated during nighttime hours for extra security, and can eliminate unnecessary daytime alerts. Sensors identify whether a door or window is opened or closed.
- New user interface designis fueled by subscriber feedback and extensive research and now features an easily accessible dashboard and omni-present device navigation.
- Dedicated Android Appfor Android tablets.
- Enhanced subscriber communityprovides an immediate resource to network expertise.
Attendees are invited to stop by the booth to see them in action, along with a new outdoor camera and a pan-and-tilt camera, both offering homeowners expanded choices and control in the New Year.
Additional Nexia features for 2012 that will be showcased at the CES booth include:
- Whole-home energy monitoring that allows homeowners to control their energy output and resulting costs. Through a relationship with Powerhouse Dynamics, we are able to deliver a holistic energy management solution at the circuit level.
- Astronomical clock that enables homeowners to adjust lighting and shades based on sunrise and sunset times, and helps homeowners meet energy management needs.
Get a Free Camera
Here’s your chance to experience Nexia Home Intelligence for yourself. During each day of CES, Schlage is giving away 250 cameras so consumers can experience home automation through Nexia and test drive the new video recording functionality featured at the show. Stop by booth 20842 in the South Hall to pick up your camera while supplies last. In addition, Schlage is providing a promotional code for the first three months of service.
Strategic Industry Relationships
The Nexia Home Intelligence System brings the smart home to life through strategic industry relationships with other consumer product leaders.
- Lennar Homes: One of the nation’s leading home builders now offers Nexia Home Intelligence standard in many of its new communities as part of the Everything Included program featuring best-in-class customizable home control functionality.
- Powerhouse Dynamics eMonitorTM: A comprehensive home energy offering, the eMonitor brings, for the first time, an affordable solution for homeowners to monitor the energy use on every circuit of the home. It also alerts homeowners to savings opportunities and appliance problems, giving them an understanding of where energy is being used — and wasted — and the ability to take action and save money and energy thanks to its compatibility with Nexia Home Intelligence.
- Pella: Expands the ecosystem of home control to window and door shades with Pella’s SmartSyncTM technology. Nexia Home Intelligence is a vehicle to meet broader homeowner needs, working together to bring home automation to the consumer.
Communicating products by Trane and Schlage are also incorporated into home automation solutions beyond Nexia Home Intelligence,including Verizon’s Home Monitoring and Control service, which features technology in the hands of homeowners and creates a “connected home,” empowering them to manage their homes from anywhere.
Additionally, Lowe’s recently announced their smart home system, IrisTM, a cloud-based home management system available later in 2012, which will enable homeowners to manager Schlage keypad locks and Trane thermostat controls.
A variety of customizable Nexia Home Intelligence Kits and additional products are available, including the Home Security Kit, which includes a Schlage® Home Keypad Lock; Nexia® Home Base, which communicates with more than 200 Z-Wave devices in the home; and the Schlage® Home Dimmer Module. This kit sells for $299 and is currently available through nexiahome.com, amazon.com, homedepot.com, lowes.com and select Lowe’s stores.
Nexia Home Intelligence is compatible with the Trane ComfortLinkTMII Control. It connects to a communicating HVAC system and integrates into the total control and convenience of Nexia Home Intelligence home automation. For pricing and installation, find a Trane dealer near you by logging onto trane.com. For more information on Nexia and monthly service, visit www.nexiahome.com.
1 Research Now, independent research report funded by Ingersoll Rand, 2011