In October 2009, Trane completed the introduction of 17 new products and concluded a refrigerant conversion for it's entire unitary product line in the Americas. According to company spokespeople, the introductions were done over an 18-month period and “are systems engineered to address customer feedback and offer performance improvements.”
The products introduced include:
- Model CGAM air-cooled scroll compressor — Replaces Model CGAF and Model RTAA compressors. Available in 20 to 120-ton capacities.
- Odyssey™ split system — Redesigned for easier installation, the Odyssey is available in capacities from 6 to 20 tons of cooling.
- Precedent™ rooftop units — Replaces the Precedent R-22, this re-designed unit is 15% more efficient than ASHRAE 90.1 requirements. Units are light for easy installation and service.
- Tracer SC™ system — This is a flexible, scaleable, and cost-efficient solution that improves efficiency of rooftop VAV systems up 25%.
- Performance Climate Changer™ air handler — Design is based on customer input and according to Trane, it's “the most energy efficient air handler in its class.
Trane also incorporated a complete refrigerant conversion from HCFC-22 to R-410A, completed ahead of Federal regulation deadlines.