More than 218 members of International Service Leadership (ISL) attended the association’s Boot Camp and conference February 5-8 at the Hyatt Regency in Phoenix, AZ.
ISL’s first-ever boot camp emcompassed two days and was designed to educate owners, managers, and other key employees on the best ways to plan for success for their company. Among the topics covered during the camp were the three fundamental principals of building success:
- Develop work when business is slow
- Be sure you are getting the correct price
- Manage direct labor to the price.
Following the Boot Camp at ISL’s conference, members had the opportunity to work with their peers on business planning, as well as on increasing technician productivity and profitability. There were also sessions on comfort, customer service, and sales and marketing.
Highlighting the conference was the presentation of the ISL’s Contractor of the Year awards. In the independent contractor category, this year’s award winners included:
Contractor of the Year Under $3 million:
- Wilkins Mechanical Services, Bedford, NH
- Bud Anderson Heating & Cooling, Bedford, NH
- Cole Services, Garden Grove, CA
- Valley Heating, Decatur, AL
- Wighton’s Inc., San Luis Obispo, CA
Contractor of the Year Over $3 million:
Service Champions, Yorba Linda, CA
- Chapman Heating & Air Conditioning Co., Columbia, MO
- Tri-County Air Conditioning, Nokomis, FL
Also awarded were contractors from Service Experts, including:
Contractor of the Year Under $4 million:
- Klawinski, Schererville, IN
- Golden Seal, St. Charles, IL
- Valentine Services, Tyrone, GA
Contractor of the Year Over $4 million:
- Service Experts of the Triangle, Raleigh, NC
- Burnsville Heating & Cooling, Savage, MN
- Dial One Service Experts, Rocklin, CA
- Cool Breeze, Canton, OH
- Service Experts DFW, Plano, TX
Other special awards included:
- ISL Mentor of the Year, Schmid’s Service Now, Wooster, OH
- Comeback of the Year, Whipple Plumbing Heating, Salt Lake City, UT
- Rookie of the Year, Coastal Comfort Heating & Air, Ventura, CA
ISL’s next event will be Camp ISL and the Performance Planning Retreat, which will take place April 22-25 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, NV. For more information, call 800/585-4452 or visit www.islinc.tv.