LG Electronics, a worldwide award-winning HVAC solutions provider, has expanded its popular training series for Multi V III Variable Refrigerant Flow (VRF) technology to an additional 15 U.S. markets, including Baltimore, Cincinnati, Kansas City, Miami, Minneapolis and Portland.
The Multi V III VRF technology training series, originally announced at the AHR Expo in January 2012, was expanded due to industry demand following initial training events in select markets.
Delivering AHRI-certified ratings, fast-response cooling and a smaller, space-saving footprint, Multi V III with VRF technology is the third generation of LG's innovative commercial air conditioning system for commercial and high-end residential applications.
"For more than a decade, LG has demonstrated its dedication to the HVAC industry through not only continually expanding the company's portfolio of innovative heating and cooling products, but also through in-market training to support technology education," explains Kevin McNamara, vice president, Commercial Air Conditioning, LG Electronics USA. "Industry response to LG's VRF training series has been unprecedented and a testament to the value of these programs, especially as industry-leading technologies such as VRF are introduced to the market."
Engaging the Industry
VRF is in wide use across Europe and Asia. Sources report VRF technology provides greater energy efficiency and cost savings compared with traditional HVAC systems. In addition to lower noise emissions, individual control capabilities, and more effective temperature control, the more compact VRF systems also allow for much easier installs, space savings and higher reliability ratings.
FOLLOW CONTRACTING BUSINESS.COM @CONTRACTINGBIZ
To date, more than 1,000 industry representatives have attended Multi V III VRF training and education events in Los Angeles, New York City, San Diego, New Orleans, Philadelphia, Atlanta, Dallas, Washington, Seattle, Indianapolis, Houston, Boston, St. Louis and Honolulu. Among those attending the in-market training sessions, 95% of participants reported the events to be valuable in their understanding of VRF technology and available products.
"Through this training series, LG is educating the U.S. market about the greener, more efficient heating and cooling option that is fast becoming an industry standard in other parts of the world," continued McNamara. "We're seeing some of our highest positive feedback rates coming out of these sessions, further illustrating that the industry is eager to learn about new technology solutions from thought leaders like LG as demand for energy savings in the U.S. continues to grow."
Efficiency Breakthroughs in Heat Pump
and Heat Recovery Models
Harnessing the power of VRF technology has enabled Multi V III to achieve a breakthrough with energy efficiency standards in both heat pump and heat recovery models. The Multi V III heat pump allows occupants to choose either to air-condition or heat all zones in use, while the heat recovery model allows for synchronous cooling and heating in different zones at the same time. Units are available from 6-36 tons and 208-230V or 460V. Multi V III is LG's flagship commercial HVAC system as demand for energy-saving HVAC technology continues to grow.
LG sources report Multi V III's key benefits for building owners include:
- Cost savings: Lower lifecycle costs compared with traditional HVAC systems on the market today.
- Excellent Energy Efficiency: With AHRI Standard 1230 Certification, Multi V III is one of the first performance certified VRF systems. This ensures building owners receive verified ratings.
- Strong AHRI-certified ratings and an Integrated Energy Efficiency Ratio (IEER) of up to 21.8 solidify LG's position as a market leader. LEED certification: Allows building designers the opportunity to claim LEED points.
- Longer piping distances: Owners can reach extra zones that are further away from the Multi V III unit. With up to 3,280-feet of total equivalent length, a maximum run length of 738 equivalent feet and a height elevation of 360-feet, Multi V III reduces the need to invest in extra systems and saves on installation.
- Rapid start cooling: The fast response cooling or heating feature delivers conditioned air faster than previous systems.
- Compact footprint: Multi V III supports more indoor zones and takes up less outdoor space. When space or access is at a premium, this equates to significant cost advantages for the owner on large projects.
More information on Multi V III, VRF technology and additional LG commercial air conditioning solutions can be found at www.LG-VRF.com and www.LG-DFS.com . Designs, features and specifications subject to change without notice.
LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) is an internationally-recognized green building certification system developed by the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC). LEED provides building owners and operators with a framework for identifying and implementing practical and measurable green building design, construction, operations and maintenance solutions.
FOLLOW TERRY MCIVER @TERRYMCIVER