The 64th AHR Expo, scheduled for Chicagoʼs McCormick Place Convention Center, January 23-25, 2012, is shaping up to be one of the biggest shows in the eventʼs illustrious 80-year history. Coming off a very successful 2011 Show in Las Vegas, the world’s largest HVACR exclusive exposition and conference returns to the city that historically hosts its largest and most successful events. The Windy City holds the all-time records for:
· Total Number of Registered Attendees (visitors & exhibitors) – 59,079
· Largest Square Footage of Exhibit Space – 410,415
· Total Number of Exhibiting Companies – 1,989
· Registered Exhibitor Personnel – 24,865
· Total Number of International Exhibitors – 400
Chicago also narrowly missed capturing the all-time visitor record of 38,534 people that registered for the 2008 New York Show. The Show traditionally returns to Chicago every three
“Chicago is host to our largest Shows for a variety of reasons,” says Clay Stevens, president of International Exposition Company, which produces and manages the AHR Expo. “There is a very large concentration of HVACR manufacturers, engineering companies, building managers, plumbers, contractors and wholesalers; it is a highly desired destination for both international and domestic travelers; it is centrally located and easy to fly into.”
The Chicago ASHRAE Chapter is the largest in the U.S. and there are nearly 10,000 members from several hundred companies within a 300-mile driving radius. The Winter ASHRAE meeting, which is always held in conjunction with the Show, is historically among their largest Winter events with up to 3,000 attendees.
“ASHRAE is looking forward to once again visiting Chicago for our Winter Conference. The Conferences and AHR Expos held in Chicago are always extremely well attended, and this provides us with the opportunity to reach a large audience with the latest in product and technology advancements,” says ASHRAE President Lynn G. Bellenger.
AHRI echoes these sentiments. “We are happy to be returning to Chicago for the 2012 AHR Expo. Several of our member companies are either headquartered or have manufacturing facilities in the greater Chicago area, and the shows there are always our largest and most successful. Our member companies like to exhibit in Chicago because of its central location and its proximity to a large number of their customers, contractors, distributors, building owners and engineers. We look forward to seeing everyone there next January.”
Stevens added that the steadily improving economy and the demand for more energy efficient, sustainable products should also drive attendance to what could be a series of new records. “It has been three years since we were in Chicago so there will be a number of new HVACR professionals and companies that will participate in the Show for the first time.”
Once again, AHR Expo will offer Show features including:
· More Than 100 conference sessions, seminars and workshops on a variety of critical industry topics, including nearly three dozen free sessions from several endorsing associations and organizations
· Dozens of free New Product Technology Theater presentations where companies can unveil their latest products and technologies. See here for a detailed schedule: http://www.ahrexpo.com/forvisitors/nptsched.php
· Emerging Technologies Sessions from exhibiting companies presenting new solutions
· Building Automation & Control Showcase featuring over 100 companies presenting state-of-the-art solutions
· The Software Center with over 50 companies showcasing the latest advancements
For more information on the Show, visit www.ahrexpo.com.