ContractingBusiness.com is accepting nominations for its 2015 Residential HVAC Contractor of the Year Award. CB operates an open-ended nomination process for this award, which is given to a residential HVAC contractor who represents the best that the residential HVAC industry has to offer.
NOMINATION DEADLINE: DECEMBER 31, 2014.
Among the requirements for qualification, an HVAC contractor must:
- Be in business at least 10 years
- Have a formalized business plan which they are willing to describe
- Be active in at least one HVAC industry association
- Provide ongoing training for employees
- Employ certified refrigerant handling technicians
- Have NATE-certified technicians on staff
- Be open to new ideas and business practices
- Have a philosophy around which the company is built
- Have a marketing strategy and a marketing budget.
We look for candidates who embrace change, and who seek innovative ways to better understand and serve customers. In the interest of a thorough consideration, the following conditions must also be met by the winning contractor:
- Allow an editor to spend up to two days with them, interviewing key personnel and customers for use in the story that will appear in the February issue of ContractingBusiness.com.
- Provide letters of recommendation from a customer, an association, and either a distributor or manufacturer.
- Serve for two years on CB’s advisory board. This could involve occasional contibutions to stories, and possibly an article related to HVAC business management.
To submit a nomination, send a nomination letter to Terry McIver, executive editor, Contracting Business, 1300 E. 9th St., Cleveland, OH 44114 — explaining why you think they are good candidates for this award. Or send an email: firstname.lastname@example.org