Contracting Business.com magazine started the Quality Home Comfort Award program 26 years ago.
COMFORT, QUALITY, and SUSTAINABILITY are our key requirements (This includes energy savings and indoor air quality as important parts of the overall consideration).
UNIQUE IDEAS and PROBLEM SOLVING techniques are equally important. And start-up/commissioning procedures are key to the successful entry.
NOTE: The home may not be the residence of the HVAC contractor or the builder.
DEADLINE IS JUNE 17, 2016
- GOOD QUALITY PHOTOS, IN FOCUS AND TAKEN WITH AN SLR CAMERA (35mm) ARE REQUIRED. PHOTOS MUST SHOW KEY COMPONENTS, AND REPRESENTATIVE HOME EXTERIORS AND INTERIORS.
- HOMEOWNERS MUST AGREE TO BE INTERVIEWED AND HAVE THEIR HOME APPEAR IN THE MAGAZINE AND ON OUR WEBSITE.
- Projects must be implemented on single-family homes.
- Projects must we well-documented, with clear, legible descriptions of any home problems (such as IAQ, cold spots, high energy use, etc.) and how the new system solved those problems.
- Products used must be listed.
- Projects must be ONE-YEAR OLD OR LESS. Homes must be occupied.
- Projects must be submitted by HVAC contractors.
- The HVAC contractor must be an established contractor with good credentials.
- The homes may have some interesting — unique, if possible, but not necessary — comfort demands.
- Square footage of the home is irrelevant. Any excellent project can win.
- You may enter as many different homes as you like.
Entries for 2016 are now being accepted. Deadline for entries is
June 17, 2016.