Contracting Business.com magazine started the Quality Home Comfort Award program 25 years ago. It pioneered and perfected the best way to recognize the very best in residential HVAC comfort system design and application: with project descriptions and photos showcased before an audience of fellow professionals.
COMFORT, QUALITY, and SUSTAINABILITY are our key requirements (This includes energy savings and indoor air quality as important parts of the overall consideration).
UNIQUE IDEAS and PROBLEM SOLVING techniques are equally important. And start-up/commissioning procedures are key to the successful entry.
NOTE: The home may not be the residence of the HVAC contractor or the builder.
- GOOD QUALITY PHOTOS, IN FOCUS AND TAKEN WITH AN SLR CAMERA (35mm) ARE REQUIRED. PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT PHOTOS TAKEN WITH PHONES OR POINT-AND-SHOOT CAMERAS.
- Projects must be implemented on single-family homes.
- Projects must we well-documented, with clear, legible descriptions of any home problems (such as IAQ, cold spots, etc.) and how the system solved those problems.
- Products used must be listed.
- Projects must be one year old or less. Homes must be occupied.
- Projects must be submitted by HVAC contractors.
- The HVAC contractor must be an established contractor with good credentials.
- The homes may have some interesting — unique, if possible, but not necessary — comfort demands.
- Square footage of the home is irrelevant — some may be large, some may be small. The point is the HVAC industry offers quality comfort systems to match any home’s requirements.
- You may enter as many different homes as you like.
- The homeowner must consent to being interviewed, and having their home's exterior and interior appear in Contracting Business.com.
Entries for 2015 are now being accepted, for projects completed in 2014-2015. Deadline for entries is June 12th.