Seminar attendees will have a better understanding of CO2 topics.
Refrigeration Service Engineers Society (RSES) will present a seminar on natural refrigerants, Saturday, June 4th, 2011 from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM at the Pastime Athletic Club 1314 N. Salina St. Syracuse, NY.
This seminar is designed to provide HVACR professionals with an overview of the use of natural refrigerants, with a focus on carbon dioxide, throughout the industry.
Seminar attendees will return to work with a better understanding of topics. The seminar will include:
• Introduction to natural refrigerants;
• Why use natural refrigerants;
• CO2 history and basic information to understand challenges with CO2;
• CO2 video showing the critical stages of CO2;
• CO2 use in industrial refrigeration;
• CO2 use in supermarkets;
• CO2 use in commercial refrigeration;
• CO2 use in household appliances;
• Hydrocarbon refrigerant use in different sectors such as industrial, commercial and household applications;
• Introduction to the different types of CO2 refrigeration systems, their unique design considerations, major components and how they function;
• How to charge, vent and pump out CO2 refrigeration systems and the health and safety issues involved in all of these activities;
• Design considerations applicable to refrigeration systems using the different types of CO2 systems;
• Leak and pressure testing;
• Vapor compression cycle;
• Pressure and pressure management;
• Transcritical vs. subcritical cycles;
• Flow controls used;
• Grades of CO2 (R-744).
This seminar is designed for HVAC contractors, service technicians, installers, building and facility managers, maintenance managers, engineering managers, building service managers, building and grounds supervisors, maintenance supervisors, project managers, maintenance and repair technicians, students and instructors.
Seminar attendees will receive a personalized certificate of completion if pre-registered (on-site registrants will have it mailed to them after the seminar). The certificate of completion may also be submitted when applying for recertification using North American Technician Excellence (NATE) Continuing Education Hours (CEHs).
There are no required or optional supplemental materials for this seminar.
Seminar Registration (lunch/breaks included): RSES members - $95/person Nonmembers - $120/person. For group discounts, or to register by phone please contact Jean Birch at 800-297-5660 x4046.