Compiled by Kate Hoban
Each month, Contracting Business picks a leading contractor and takes a look at the products, tools, and services that he or she has chosen to help make their company successful.
Services, Inc., Bronx, NY
AAA Refrigeration Service, Inc. is the 2008 Contracting Business Commercial Refrigeration Contractor of the Year. Founded in 1937, AAA has established a reputation as a service-oriented company with a strong emphasis on employee training and development. AAA Refrigeration Service serves customers in the five boroughs of New York City, Westchester County, New Jersey, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, and Rhode Island. Donald Steffen is company president.
In the Trucks
- Number and type of trucks/vans:
72 Ford E350 cargo vans.
- Inventory on trucks/ vans:
Refrigerant, parts, and material used to service commercial refrigeration and air conditioning.
- Preferred tools and test instruments technicians carry:
OSHA handbook, hazardous data sheet, 3/8-in drill with 1/2-in chuck, drill index, large whole saw kit, grease gun, caulking gun, 6-ft stepladder, 28-ft extension ladder, Amprobe, multi-meter, electronic leak detector.
- Preferred field communications method:
- Preferred ladder manufacturer:
Werner Pro and Werner Ultra Pro Fiberglass step ladders and extension ladders.
In the Office
- Preferred business management software:
Foresight Software package on a Progress Database. Red Hat Linux is the operating system.
- Preferred business software package:
- Preferred computer/ printer equipment:
Dell Servers, Hewlett Packer Printers, and NTA Virtual Office Thin Client.
- Preferred photocopier and fax equipment:
Konica Minolta, and Brothers.
- Business connection to the Internet via:
T1 Line and Verizon Fios.
- Preferred uniform supplier:
Buy Carhart pants and purchase t-shirts through Ukrop’s Dress Express.
- Credit Cards Accepted:
In the Shop
- Preferred HVAC heating and cooling equipment brands:
Lennox, Luxaire, Trane, Carrier, ICP.
- Preferred accessory equipment:
Sporlan, Bohn, Emerson, White Rodgers.
- Number of technicians currently certified, and type of certification:
All technicians are certified with at least Type I and Type II certification. At least 75% are universally certified.
- Preferred zoning equipment:
- Preferred distributor(s):