- Tell us about your company, or another that you believe to be a leader in residential HVAC, and why. We seek nominations of independently operated businesses.
Our 2016 winner was Tom Krygheld and the team at Illiana Heating & Air Conditioning.
ContractingBusiness.com is accepting nominations for its 2017 Residential HVAC Contractor of the Year Award. CB operates an open-ended nomination process for this award, which is given to a residential HVAC contractor who represents the best that the residential HVAC industry has to offer.
NOMINATION DEADLINE: March 1, 2017.
Our winning contractor will be featured in an article in ContractingBusiness.com, obtain national publicity, and received a free registration to our Contractor Leadership Live event in September, in Cleveland, Ohio.
Among the requirements for qualification, an HVAC contractor must:
- Be in business at least 10 years
- Have a formalized business plan which they are willing to describe
- Be active in at least one HVAC industry association
- Provide ongoing training for employees
- Employ certified refrigerant handling technicians
- Have NATE-certified technicians on staff
- Be open to new ideas and business practices
- Have a philosophy around which the company is built
- Have a marketing strategy and a marketing budget.
We look for candidates who embrace change, and who seek innovative ways to better understand and serve customers.
The winning contractor must allow an editor to spend up to two days at their business, interviewing key personnel and customers for use in the story that will appear in the April issue of ContractingBusiness.com.