Thomas & Galbraith Heating and Cooling was founded in 1977. Early on, it primarily served the residential new construction market. In October 2002, owners Larry Thomas and Neal Galbraith retired, and Michael Weber purchased the company. Since 2002, the company has significantly reduced it's reliance on residential new construction, and has focused primarily on residential and light commercial service and replacement. The company is well known throughout Greater Cincinnati as a company of the highest integrity, honesty, and ethics. Thomas & Galbraith is one of very few Carrier dealers in the U.S. to have earned the prestigious Presidents Club Award for three years in a row, in 2008, 2009 and 2010.
IN THE TRUCKS
- Number and type of trucks/vans: 10 Chevy G30 express vans; 4 Ford E350 vans.
- Inventory on trucks/vans: $4,000 of replacement service parts and consumable items.
- Tools provided to technicians: Klein tools; Greenlee meters; specific Malco sheet metal tools; Craftsman drills; parts from Mid-West HVAC Parts; Yellow Jacket gauges; JB vacuum pumps and refrigerant recovery machines.
- Test instruments technicians carry: Manometer; inspection cameras; carbon dioxide detectors; combustion analyzers; amp probes; volt/ohm meters; multimeters, others.
- Preferred field communications method: Sprint/Nextel Direct Connect cellular phones by Motorola.
- Preferred ladder type: Louisville; Werner; Little Giant.
IN THE OFFICE
- Preferred business management software: dESCO and Quickbooks.
- Preferred load calculation software: Elite.
- Preferred computer/printer equipment: Dell/HP.
- Preferred photocopier equipment: Toshiba; Cannon.
- Preferred fax machines: HP.
- Business connection to the Internet via: High-speed cable.
- Preferred uniform supplier: Purchase from Cintas.
- Credit Cards Accepted: MasterCard; Visa; Discover; American Express.
IN THE SHOP
- Preferred HVAC heating and cooling equipment brands: Carrier; private label.
- Preferred accessory equipment brands: Carrier; Aprilaire; Honewell.
- Preferred Indoor Air Quality equipment: Carrier; Aprilaire.
- Preferred zoning equipment: Carrier.
- Preferred distributors: Habegger; Corken Steel; Johnstone Supply.
- Type of technician certification: North American Technicians Excellence (NATE).