James M. Boone, president/CEO, New England Sheet Metal Works, Inc., Fresno, CA, was named president of the Sheet Metal and Air Conditioning Contractors' National Association (SMACNA). The appointment was made during SMACNA's 67th Annual Convention, held in September in Phoenix, AZ.
"I'm proud to serve on the national board with a group of visionary leaders, whose personal values, breadth of expertise, and high professional standards ensure that SMACNA will continue to wield both a powerful voice and energetic approach on the issues our industry will encounter in the years to come," Boone said.
Richard Rivera, president/CEO, Key Air Conditioning Contractors, Inc., Santa Fe Springs, CA, was named president-elect.
Others named to SMACNA posts for 2010-2011 include:
- secretary/treasurer, Howard Stine, Charles E. Jarrell Contracting, Earth City, MO
- vice president, Randy Novak, Novak Heating and Air Conditioning Inc., Cedar Rapids, IA
- immediate past president, John Lindemulder Sr., Amber Mechanical Contractors, Alsip, IL.
New SMACNA directors are:
- Michael S. Clark, Matherly Mechanical Contractors Inc., Midwest City, OK
- Matthew D. Cramer, Dee Cramer Inc., Holly, MI
- Mark A. Halvorsen, Viaduct Sheet Metal Ltd., Surrey, British Columbia, Canada
- Jack Knox, R.F. Knox Company Inc., Smyrna, GA
- Michael Tardif, Tardif Sheet Metal Inc., Santa Ana, CA.