- The difference between successful and struggling companies is often the presence or lack of accountability.
The difference between successful companies and struggling companies is often the presence or lack of accountability.
Organizations that have a culture of accountability have employees that take pride in their work and the organization’s mission or purpose. The employees also hold themselves to high standards of performance on a daily basis. In organizations where accountability is lacking, there is a general state of confusion — and employees are unsure of the mission of the organization.
Where does your company stand as it relates to accountability?
In organizations struggling with accountability, employees and leadership blame others, make excuses, spread confusion, and operate in a powerless state. Businesses with accountability nurture a sense of commitment and ownership, and are solution-oriented. In order to foster accountability in your company, you need to:
- Ensure people honor their commitments to each other.
- Measure and report progress on a regular basis.
- Proactively respond when things go wrong.
- Encourage people to take ownership.
These ongoing actions will allow your company to operationalize accountability while executing strong strategies and achieving the desired business results.
Read more about trending topics in the HVAC industry on the HVAC Learning Solutions blog.