- Howard Air is one of 15 Arizona companies selected as finalists for the BBB of Central, Northern and Western Arizona.
- Companies are selected by an independent panel of volunteer community leaders.
The Better Business Bureau serving Central, Northern and Western Arizona named Phoenix-based Howard Air one of 15 Arizona companies selected as finalists for the 2017 Torch Awards for Ethics. Five of the 15 companies will be named winners in their category during the awards dinner and ceremony April 12 at the Arizona Biltmore Resort.
“We are so humbled by this recognition and proud of the culture we have created at Howard Air. It is truly a reflection of the great work our team does,” said Kevin Howard, president of Howard Air.
The BBB Torch Awards for Ethics were established in 2002 to recognize outstanding businesses that maintain a solid commitment to ethics and trust in the marketplace. Companies are selected by an independent panel of volunteer community leaders based on criteria established by the Council of Better Business Bureau's International Torch Award.
All finalists were first nominated and after meeting minimum criteria, they proceeded to complete an evaluation where they had to demonstrate their commitment to ethics in six categories:
• Leadership’s commitment to ethics;
• Communication of ethical practices;
• Organizational commitment to ethical practices;
• Organizational commitment to performance management practices;
• Organizational commitment to ethical human resource practices; and
• Organizational commitment to the community.
“Known for upholding high ethical standards, this year’s finalists join over 200 local businesses as part of BBB’s community of trustworthy businesses,” said Dory Gosar, BBB Foundation director. “Doing the right thing is not always easy and these companies have demonstrated a commitment to ethical practices even in the most difficult times.”
View a complete list of this year’s BBB Torch Awards for Ethics finalists at torchawards.arizonabbb.org.